3 years ago
got a good night’s sleep last night, so:
1. There was some PHP event, so I had to stand outside Marketplace to greet people. First, I had to do some sort of training, which somehow reminded me of an econ or math test, except I couldn’t do the six problems and had to get the proctor to help me. After that, two other people and I, all dressed in maroon dress shirts, went to Marketplace. I had to replace Marquise’s position. The speaker who was there went in, and started talking to us about a really interesting talk that was about to go on….not realizing that we were ushers for it. Anyways, Marquise and I decided that since everyone who was headed for Marketplace was going to the event anyways, we should just go usher on the buses or something, so we left.
2. In some asian store near duke. I was around at an asian store that had a lot of those little pots and pans and kitchen utensils you’ll actually never use. It was closing time, one of the other stands near it was closed already. I looked behind a big stack of pots, and saw where produce was, and was pretty excited about having a grocery store so close to Duke. Beyond the produce were the fish tanks…and there were really weird fish there. They were all on display, almost like a museum. At first the fish were normal, but then as I moved further along, there were tanks (prolly 6x6x5-ish) holding multiple species (that stayed in their own corners of the tank), and there was also this one huge, but dead fish lying in the center. Of course, this was a grocery store, so it was killed on purpose, probably because it was too violent to keep alive in the tank. Anyways, it was probably five feet long, and its mouth was like a lamprey’s mouth except huge, and inside it was completely hollow except two bulging eyes sticking out from the roof of its mouth (they were inside its mouth). There were many other tanks of creepy fish, and I was the only one in the store. Then there were other exhibits, like shark skeletons (which I assumed were for shark fin soup) and dinosaur skeletons. Anyways, I left.
3. I’m not sure if this is connected to the previous dream, but I was in another asian store, a chinese one this time. I was picking out contact lenses, so first she had to see if my eye had any reaction to the material, so she took a bit from a pan of what appeared to be red egg-drop soup, and stuck it in the corner of my eye. Then I was picking out the kind I wanted, so she gave me a collander-sized bowl filled with water and different contact lenses inside. Instead of lenses, they were fish-shaped pieces of plasticky/rubbery material. I asked her specifically which materials they were (since I had just taken a materials class IRL), but she didn’t answer. I wanted soft lenses but she said I couldn’t wear them, and picked out some hard material for me. This somehow transitioned to me picking out fish bait. I kept telling her I wanted the fish-shaped plasticky ones, but she started recommending other complicated baits which involved feathers and such.
4. (discontinued from 1, 2, and 3). I was in a dorm room, except the room housed maybe ten people, and we slept on bunks. We all had our own closets though. I woke up, went to my closet, and for the most part the ground was pretty cleaned up (since IRL i’m leaving for home today), except for a foot-long piece of tuna sashimi that was shaped almost like a shrimp nigirizushi (with the flared out tail). I also needed to pee, so I grabbed a cup and was going to pee inside my closet, but decided it would be too noisy and wake people up, so I went to the bathroom. The bathroom had some sort of kitchen in it, with very nice plates and silverware that I thought we could use in case we ever needed to celebrate anything. Anyways, went back to my room and got in bed, and also realized that there was a crack in the wall that let me see into the hall that led to the bathroom. (transition) In my room there was this empty space on the wall that I thought could be filled with some sort of Chinese painting or red-New Year’s-decorations or something. So random transition, and I was in bed with a bunch of Chinese calendars on my lap and my mom was looking through them, and for some reason I thought the idea of putting paintings on large calendars was the cleverest idea ever. (transition) In the trash bin in my room, something was going on. (I had emptied it the night before IRL), so in the bottom, there was this miniature evil Sonic the Hedgehog about to kill this 6-inch blue princess doll. (continued below)
5. What had happened was that Sonic had destroyed everything, and all that was left was the princess. I was debating whether to grab Sonic with my hands, but decided he was too spiky. As the third-person omniscient audience, I realized that the reason Sonic wanted to kill her was because she had released some fire spirit. She was doing errands one day, when somehow she got electrically charged (forgot how), and realized she could shoot electricity/fire from her hands. She accidentally broke through this box which housed a red ball/pumpkin-looking thing. The ball was actually some fire spirit that was dormant, and was electrically charged it turned into a fireball. She kept the media that remained in the box, in case she ever needed to imprison the fireball. (transition) Now I was a bystander in the story, and the protagonist changed from the blue-dress princess to little boy. The boy had just poured all the media into beakers, and put the fireball as well as the media in some sort of altar…and left outside. As he was about to go into his house, he saw a fire in the woods, presumably a campfire, and knew it would be really bad if a forest fire spread and the altar caught fire, so he ran for help. I was watching, and there were people running away from the fire in the woods. Somehow, the fire transitioned to a wolf chasing the people, so all of a sudden, either another bystander or the fireball itself decided to go animorph and transform to a dog to attack the wolf. As they were fighting, two other bystanders, a black girl (presumably Cassie, from Animorphs) and a white boy (Jake?) also transformed. The difference was that 1) they transformed to human-sized versions of the animals, and 2) because they were human-sized, they kept their clothes on (it occurred to me that otherwise they would be naked when they transformed back…) Anyway, Cassie transformed into a human-sized turtle and fell on her back, and said something along the lines of “I also pick the dumbest things to morph into.” Also, Jake was going through huge bout of indecision, and finally decided a bear would be powerful. By they time they were done transforming, they fight was over. The wolf was gone, but the dog was pretty hurt. We all ran around to the back of the house to see. The dog had transformed back, it was some boy in a football uniform, and we all congratulated him. He said he didn’t know who I was, so I introduced myself. There was also a newspaper stand sitting behind the house, and I was discussing with someone about how the top newspapers were still from 2006. They were in Spanish, so we decided it was a Mexican newspaper that had gone out of business.